How Do You Calculate the Pond Head Pressure?
The pond head pressure is the force that a pond pump must overcome in order to begin pumping water out of the waterfall. You must know this information prior to purchasing your pond pump. Both the pressure and the number of gallons of water are essential when determining which pond pump is right for your garden pond. It is harder for you to walk uphill rather than walk on even ground. The same is true for your pump. It takes more for the pump to move water uphill.
You must determine the following four measurements or counts before determining the head pressure.
- How many feet of vertical lift are there? This is how high the water must be pumped.
- How many feet of pipe/hose will be used?
- Do you have any 90 degree fittings? How many?
- How many other fittings do you have?
Calculating the head pressure
- 1 foot of vertical lift = 1 foot pressure
- 1 pipe/hose fitting = 1 foot pressure
- 1 90 degree fitting = 2 foot pressure
- 10 feet of hose/pipe = 1 foot pressure
EXAMPLE for calculating head pressure
- There is a 10′ waterfall
- There are 3 pipe/hose fittings
- There are 2 90 degree fittings
- There is 30′ of pipes
Using the information gathered above, begin calculating the head pressure.
- 10′ waterfall = 10′
- 3 pipe/hose fittings = 3
- ‘2 90 degree fittings = 4’
- 30′ pipes = 3′
- Total head pressure is 10+3+4+3=20′
Experts recommend that half of your water be circulated every hour for a pond with a fountain and no fish. If your pond has fish then it would be best to circulate all of your water every hour. The main difference between circulating all of your water every hour or half of your water every hour is the amount of solids or waste generated by the fish. A fountain without fish only has the environmental debris to move through the system. Fish cause the pond to be much dirtier and requires more circulation. Also, a pond under a tree may require more circulation in the spring and fall due to the dropping of leaves, flowers, nuts and sticks. Just like it would take us much longer to clean a pond with fish,the pump also has to work harder. All of this is important to remember and take into account in addition to the amount of water in the pond and the head pressure that was discussed above.
#Calculate #Pond #Pressure
Will be pleased to have you visit my pages on social networking .
Facebook page here.
Twitter account is here.
Linkedin account here
Post byBedewy for info askme VISIT GAHZLY