Microsoft CRM 4.0 Generic Customization, Data Conversion, Integration Overview
Microsoft CRM, also referred as Microsoft Dynamics CRM has for now pretty long career path since 1999. So far MS CRM proved to be excellent solution for companies with the offices located in various business metros and needing web based coordination. MS CRM is MS Internet Explorer application, which could give your access to your customers, leads, prospects, services. It also opens good connection to Great Plains Microsoft Dynamics GP in the form of integration. In short future we also expect Microsoft to integrate CRM with other leading ERP applications, such as Axapta.
1. ISV extensions pool for MS CRM. Before you go to implement your company custom solution, you should probably check if the product is available from third party ISV vendor for Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
2. Generic CRM custom development and programming. Microsoft CRM implementation model allows web customization publishing and remote support, meaning such technologies as VPN, remote desktop connection, web sessions, this means, that if you can not find talent to modify your CRM around the corner or across the street, not a big problem, try Nationwide talent search.
3. MS CRM Integration with SAP Business One. This is now becoming classical integrating routine. SAP B1 has SB1 SDK, which enables MS Visual Studio C# or VB developer to manipulate SB1 business objects, such as Sales Order or Invoice.
4. CRM Integration with legacy systems, such as Lotus Notes Domino. Lotus to some extent is ODBC compliant DB platform, and Microsoft SQL Server is very robust to treat IBM Lotus as ODBC linked server to give you initial hint.
5. MS CRM implementation 2 pennies advice. Microsoft Dynamics CRM is often picked by Microsoft oriented companies, where they are comfortable to support such technologies, as Exchange, IIS, SQL Server, Active Directory, BizTalk, Message Queue. Considering said above means that MS CRM is often self implemented in its technical and installation component, leaving really something like really black side of the moon integration side to external consultants.
6. Data Massage and initial conversion. Implementing MS CRM is often about switching from your existing contact management system, such as ACT!, Gold Mine and similar. Data conversion in the form of initial master records import and balances could be done by various tools, such as Scribe or native MS CRM integration utility.
7. Microsoft CRM SDK Programming. This is the only right way to do CRM customizations at this time, and we strictly discourage you from doing direct SQL Server update statements. If you can succeed your customization to work, more likely it will be erased by MS CRM version upgrade logic and scripts.
8. eCommerce scenarios and MS CRM. This is where we expect such new technologies as eConnect, XML web services to be considered first. CRM can certainly enable some gateways, however it requires technology familiarity.
#Microsoft #CRM #Generic #Customization #Data #Conversion #Integration #Overview
Will be pleased to have you visit my pages on social networking .
Facebook page here.
Twitter account is here.0