Top 10 Domain Name Tips
1. Choose a keyword rich domain name. Such as europemaps.com or exoticcheeses.com to reflect your products or service
2. Buy an existing / expired domain name. Google ranks old domains higher so look for domains that are at least 1 year old. Use Checkpageranking.com to check the domain – including checking for a forged page rank.
3. Choose a TLD (top level domain name) – examples: .com or .net or .org or .info Alternatively, the country specific TLD is also good – so for United Kingdom: .co.uk
4. Check to see if all the TLDs are available for purchase. Use a service such as godaddy.com The extra cost will prevent issues further down the road.
5. Purchase the main Domain name for 10 years – Google ranks higher domains which are purchased for extended periods!
6. Short and memorable is better for return visitors: easier to remember.
7. Choose a domain name ideally with no hyphens – so chateauxproperty.com is better than chateaux-property.com. If there is no suitable alternative, choose a domain name with NO more than one hyphen. It will look spammy and there is evidence that Google is penalising NEW sites with lots of hyphens.
8. Do not choose an existing Brand / Trademarked name – you will not win!
9. You can only use letters, numbers and hyphens. No spaces! We think numbers are spammy – so 1product.com or product1.com are not good choices.
10. Use one registrar for purchasing / parking your domain names. It is much easier when you have to update contact information, re-new domains, etc. Use a trusted provider such as godaddy.com or 123-reg.com. Keep your contact information up to date on the Registrar site especially the contact email address. Who wants to lose a valuable domain because you never received the renewal information?
#Top #Domain #Tips
Will be pleased to have you visit my pages on social networking .
Facebook page here.
Twitter account is here.0